Surveying and damp diagnosis in Yorkshire
BT Preservation don’t just install damp courses and treat problems. First and foremost we are specialists in finding the true causes of damp. We believe in good diagnosis because without it successful damp-proofing or any treatment is impossible.
Whilst many Yorkshire based specialist companies offer free damp and timber surveys, you’ll find the small fee, which we charge is well worth it; you’ll see where that survey fee went by the care and trouble we take in getting to the truth. Free damp and timber surveys may lead to work which is not necessary or appropriate.
A range of techniques are available:
- None destructive visual inspection with the aid of advanced damp meters such as Protimeter MMS equipment
- Moisture profiling to back up visual evidence of damp
- Humidity and temperature logging and analysis for mould and damp-proofing investigations
- Salts analysis to establish salt contamination of plaster
- Gravimetric testing for hygroscopic moisture separation - accurate damp testing in our own lab
Our written reports meet Property Care Association standards and a PCA survey certificate is available for home buyers too.
Damp and Timber Surveys are available for Commercial and domestic buildings too. Our local qualified damp and timber surveyors cover Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, York, Harrogate, Barnsley, selby and Doncaster.
Call the offices above for further details or to book a local damp or timber survey.
For further information on Damp diagnosis and testing, please contact us.
Damp diagnosis and testing: Related Information